Like every season the Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez is a particularl highlight on the calendar of many riders. Such is the case with Efren Vazquez, who goes to the second round of the championship with extra motivation. After his fourth-place finish in Qatar, the pupil of Herri Torrontegui wants to take another step forward and fight again for the podium at the circuit of Jerez.
The 125cc riders will start tomorrow with two free practice sessions, have a third one on Saturday morning before the qualifying at 13.00 o’clock local time. The race takes place on Sunday with the lights going out at 11.00 AM.
The day before getting back to racing, Ajo Motorsport rider Vazquez affirms he still has unfinished business at the Andalusian track.
Efren Vazquez: “Last year we had the podium almost in our hands and an error prevented us from enjoying a great success. Although both Herri and myself have good memories of this circuit, I think Jerez still owes us something. The only way to get this is to keep working as we are. I need to continue my adaption to the Derbi and get the most out of it. There is no other way.”
Source: Tolua Racing
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018