Like every season the Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez is a particularl highlight on the calendar of many riders. Such is the case with Efren Vazquez, who goes to the second round of the championship with extra motivation. After his fourth-place finish in Qatar, the pupil of Herri Torrontegui wants to take another step forward and fight again for the podium at the circuit of Jerez.
The 125cc riders will start tomorrow with two free practice sessions, have a third one on Saturday morning before the qualifying at 13.00 o’clock local time. The race takes place on Sunday with the lights going out at 11.00 AM.
The day before getting back to racing, Ajo Motorsport rider Vazquez affirms he still has unfinished business at the Andalusian track.
Efren Vazquez: “Last year we had the podium almost in our hands and an error prevented us from enjoying a great success. Although both Herri and myself have good memories of this circuit, I think Jerez still owes us something. The only way to get this is to keep working as we are. I need to continue my adaption to the Derbi and get the most out of it. There is no other way.”
Source: Tolua Racing
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules