Like every season the Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez is a particularl highlight on the calendar of many riders. Such is the case with Efren Vazquez, who goes to the second round of the championship with extra motivation. After his fourth-place finish in Qatar, the pupil of Herri Torrontegui wants to take another step forward and fight again for the podium at the circuit of Jerez.
The 125cc riders will start tomorrow with two free practice sessions, have a third one on Saturday morning before the qualifying at 13.00 o’clock local time. The race takes place on Sunday with the lights going out at 11.00 AM.
The day before getting back to racing, Ajo Motorsport rider Vazquez affirms he still has unfinished business at the Andalusian track.
Efren Vazquez: “Last year we had the podium almost in our hands and an error prevented us from enjoying a great success. Although both Herri and myself have good memories of this circuit, I think Jerez still owes us something. The only way to get this is to keep working as we are. I need to continue my adaption to the Derbi and get the most out of it. There is no other way.”
Source: Tolua Racing
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018