Like every season the Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez is a particularl highlight on the calendar of many riders. Such is the case with Efren Vazquez, who goes to the second round of the championship with extra motivation. After his fourth-place finish in Qatar, the pupil of Herri Torrontegui wants to take another step forward and fight again for the podium at the circuit of Jerez.
The 125cc riders will start tomorrow with two free practice sessions, have a third one on Saturday morning before the qualifying at 13.00 o’clock local time. The race takes place on Sunday with the lights going out at 11.00 AM.
The day before getting back to racing, Ajo Motorsport rider Vazquez affirms he still has unfinished business at the Andalusian track.
Efren Vazquez: “Last year we had the podium almost in our hands and an error prevented us from enjoying a great success. Although both Herri and myself have good memories of this circuit, I think Jerez still owes us something. The only way to get this is to keep working as we are. I need to continue my adaption to the Derbi and get the most out of it. There is no other way.”
Source: Tolua Racing
- Crutchlow tops FP3, Marquez still fastest, Yamahas miss out
- Bezzecchi fastest as Saturday action begins in Aragon
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto