The second Grand Prix of the season is traditionally held on the beautiful Spanish circuit of Jerez. During the first two free practice sessions of the Gran Premio bwin De España RW Racing GP rider Luis Salom rode to a respectable fourth place.
In the first free practice session of the Friday morning, the track still had some wet spots from the rain which came down on Thursday night. The 125cc GP riders were riding with caution their laps and after 20 minutes, of the 40-minute session, the first fast lap times were set. Luis Salom didn’t have a good rhythm and was with on the set-up of his Aprilia. The Spaniard ended the first session Spaniard on a somewhat disappointing fourteenth position.
The second free practice was held under sunny weather circumstances with a temperature of 27 degrees. The wind was much stronger than the in the morning session and many riders had problems with this strong wind. Despite the strong wind Luis Salom had a good session and manages in the last five minutes to climb at the timesheets to a third position. In the last minute compatriot Hector Faubel passed Salom and ended the RW Racing GP rider at a respectable fourth place.
Luis Salom (4th, 1:49.853):
“The first session didn’t go well. I didn’t feel comfortable and had trouble finding the right rhythm. We also struggled a bit with the suspension settings and I had to be satisfied with a fourteenth place. After this session me and my chief mechanic Hans Spaan studied the data trying to find a solution why I didn’t go faster. You could see how much I lost in the turns compared to the test we had earlier this season at Jerez. With a few tips and a better set-up in the second session, we went much better. The wind was making it enormously difficult to keep your lines. Especially when you had to brake or accelerate out of the corners. So, overall we had a good day and I have confidence that we! can continue like this for tomorrow. I just want to perform well in my home country and go for a starting spot on the first two rows.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018