The second Grand Prix of the season is traditionally held on the beautiful Spanish circuit of Jerez. During the first two free practice sessions of the Gran Premio bwin De España RW Racing GP rider Luis Salom rode to a respectable fourth place.
In the first free practice session of the Friday morning, the track still had some wet spots from the rain which came down on Thursday night. The 125cc GP riders were riding with caution their laps and after 20 minutes, of the 40-minute session, the first fast lap times were set. Luis Salom didn’t have a good rhythm and was with on the set-up of his Aprilia. The Spaniard ended the first session Spaniard on a somewhat disappointing fourteenth position.
The second free practice was held under sunny weather circumstances with a temperature of 27 degrees. The wind was much stronger than the in the morning session and many riders had problems with this strong wind. Despite the strong wind Luis Salom had a good session and manages in the last five minutes to climb at the timesheets to a third position. In the last minute compatriot Hector Faubel passed Salom and ended the RW Racing GP rider at a respectable fourth place.
Luis Salom (4th, 1:49.853):
“The first session didn’t go well. I didn’t feel comfortable and had trouble finding the right rhythm. We also struggled a bit with the suspension settings and I had to be satisfied with a fourteenth place. After this session me and my chief mechanic Hans Spaan studied the data trying to find a solution why I didn’t go faster. You could see how much I lost in the turns compared to the test we had earlier this season at Jerez. With a few tips and a better set-up in the second session, we went much better. The wind was making it enormously difficult to keep your lines. Especially when you had to brake or accelerate out of the corners. So, overall we had a good day and I have confidence that we! can continue like this for tomorrow. I just want to perform well in my home country and go for a starting spot on the first two rows.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018