QMMF Racing Team riders Mashel Al Naimi and Ricky Cardús continued their rapid learning program in the Moto2 category with valuable discoveries on the first day of practice for the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.
Ricky Cardús finished the day in 24th position after a minor crash, but had been running within the top 15 before the incident and is also convinced of his possibilities at his home Grand Prix.
Ricky Cardús (24th, 1.45,086)
“In the first free practice had a good rhythm and did some tests. We continued well in the evening until I went a little wide on a curve and crashed. I lost a bit of confidence and in the next run, just minutes after the crash, I was not 100% concentrated and lost positions. Tomorrow we refine the setup and keep fighting. I want to do well in my home race.”
Luis Soldano, team coordinator: “Ricky is on fire because he wants to do well at his home race. I am convinced that he can run within the top 15 and score his first points of the year!”
Source: QMMF Racing
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019