After two days of summer weather, the first round of 2011 season at Jerez de la Frontera was run on the wet today with track temperature of 15 degrees only. The 27-lap race has started at 14:00 local time with the premier class riders lining up under cloudy skies at the South Spain race track which saw Lorenzo winning ahead Pedrosa and Hayden. Despite the bad conditions the LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias started from the last spot on the grid ending the race with a positive 9th position.
The Spaniard has the capability to keep his pace till the last lap while some of his “colleagues” crashed out because of the slippery surface. Thanks to his determination Elias has gained his first 7 points in the official standing but needs further set up adjustments to improve his performances aboard the RC212V. LCR Team will be back on track on the 1st of May for the Portoguese GP.
Toni Elias – 9th: “Honestly I am not happy about the performance as my feeling on the bike was still bad but the 9th position in these conditions is a positive result for me and the Team. I know I have been lucky because many riders crashed out and I was capable to end the race although the tyres situation was very difficult for everybody because we just had the warm up session on the wet. However we must continue our good job to improve our future performances….I am aware of this and want to thank my Team for their efforts”.
Source: LCR Honda
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018