After two days of summer weather, the first round of 2011 season at Jerez de la Frontera was run on the wet today with track temperature of 15 degrees only. The 27-lap race has started at 14:00 local time with the premier class riders lining up under cloudy skies at the South Spain race track which saw Lorenzo winning ahead Pedrosa and Hayden. Despite the bad conditions the LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias started from the last spot on the grid ending the race with a positive 9th position.
The Spaniard has the capability to keep his pace till the last lap while some of his “colleagues” crashed out because of the slippery surface. Thanks to his determination Elias has gained his first 7 points in the official standing but needs further set up adjustments to improve his performances aboard the RC212V. LCR Team will be back on track on the 1st of May for the Portoguese GP.
Toni Elias – 9th: “Honestly I am not happy about the performance as my feeling on the bike was still bad but the 9th position in these conditions is a positive result for me and the Team. I know I have been lucky because many riders crashed out and I was capable to end the race although the tyres situation was very difficult for everybody because we just had the warm up session on the wet. However we must continue our good job to improve our future performances….I am aware of this and want to thank my Team for their efforts”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018