The RW Racing GP rider Luis Salom rode today at the Gran Premio bwin De España a strong race but unfortunately didn’t make it to the finishline. The Spaniard was in his home race at a good seventh position but crashed out in the last corner.
The race on the beautiful Spanish circuit of Jerez was held today in wet conditions. It was sunny the whole weekend and nice temperatures. On race day, the weather was less friendly. With some showers before and during the race the 125Cc GP riders had to do their race in the wet. In this wet conditions a! lot of the riders crashed out and unfortunately also Luis Salom crashed out.
In the ninth lap, in seventh position, the Spaniard crashed in the last turn of the track. The bike was too much damaged to continue the race. Salom also injured his right ring finger and his little finger. The Spaniard lost his nail on his right ring finger but will be able to ride the next race in Estoril.
Luis Salom (DNF): “I’m not happy!! I was in a good rhythm and I could ride together with Maverick Viñales away from the group behind us. The gap to the group in front of us who were battling for the last podium position wasn’t so big and I think we were able to cose this gap. Unfortunately I crashed in the last turn when I had too much speed into the corner. I couldn’t continue the race and had to give up. It’s a pitty I crashed. Certainly if you see how much riders crashed out in the race. A podium position was! even ossible! But okay… I will use the four weeks before the next race at Estoril to heel my injuried fingers and for sure I will be 100% fit at that time. I jnow I’m able to fight for a top 5 classification and this will be my goal in Portugal next month.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018