Avant-AirAsia-Ajo’s Johann Zarco was able to finish third at the 125cc season’s second GP on the wet and slippery circuit of Jerez. His teammate Efren Vazquez was less fortunate and finished ninth. Vazquez, who took fourth position two weeks ago from the season opener in Qatar, crashed when he was in the battle for third place with only six laps remaining.
The Spaniard started his home race alongside his teammate Zarco from the second row and was once again really close to the top trio. Just like in Qatar he’s shown that he is fast enough to reach the podium.
Meanwhile Nicolas Terol took the clear win in Jerez. He now leads the championship with the maximum of 50 points. The third GP of the season will be held on 1st of May at the Estoril circuit in Portugal.
Aki Ajo: “Of course it is a shame that Efren fell and lost the possibility to be on the podium. But he did score points, which is important in a long run.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!
- “Casa Marco Simoncelli” opens its doors
- Lorenzo to undergo surgery after training accident