Avant-AirAsia-Ajo’s Johann Zarco was able to finish third at the 125cc season’s second GP on the wet and slippery circuit of Jerez. His teammate Efren Vazquez was less fortunate and finished ninth. Vazquez, who took fourth position two weeks ago from the season opener in Qatar, crashed when he was in the battle for third place with only six laps remaining.
The Spaniard started his home race alongside his teammate Zarco from the second row and was once again really close to the top trio. Just like in Qatar he’s shown that he is fast enough to reach the podium.
Meanwhile Nicolas Terol took the clear win in Jerez. He now leads the championship with the maximum of 50 points. The third GP of the season will be held on 1st of May at the Estoril circuit in Portugal.
Aki Ajo: “Of course it is a shame that Efren fell and lost the possibility to be on the podium. But he did score points, which is important in a long run.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar March 19, 2018
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker March 19, 2018
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar! March 18, 2018
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0 March 18, 2018
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller March 18, 2018
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP March 18, 2018