Avant-AirAsia-Ajo’s Johann Zarco was able to finish third at the 125cc season’s second GP on the wet and slippery circuit of Jerez. His teammate Efren Vazquez was less fortunate and finished ninth. Vazquez, who took fourth position two weeks ago from the season opener in Qatar, crashed when he was in the battle for third place with only six laps remaining.
The Spaniard started his home race alongside his teammate Zarco from the second row and was once again really close to the top trio. Just like in Qatar he’s shown that he is fast enough to reach the podium.
Meanwhile Nicolas Terol took the clear win in Jerez. He now leads the championship with the maximum of 50 points. The third GP of the season will be held on 1st of May at the Estoril circuit in Portugal.
Aki Ajo: “Of course it is a shame that Efren fell and lost the possibility to be on the podium. But he did score points, which is important in a long run.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona
- “Our priority is Pecco and Miller, but Miller doesn't agree”