Avant-AirAsia-Ajo’s Johann Zarco was able to finish third at the 125cc season’s second GP on the wet and slippery circuit of Jerez. His teammate Efren Vazquez was less fortunate and finished ninth. Vazquez, who took fourth position two weeks ago from the season opener in Qatar, crashed when he was in the battle for third place with only six laps remaining.
The Spaniard started his home race alongside his teammate Zarco from the second row and was once again really close to the top trio. Just like in Qatar he’s shown that he is fast enough to reach the podium.
Meanwhile Nicolas Terol took the clear win in Jerez. He now leads the championship with the maximum of 50 points. The third GP of the season will be held on 1st of May at the Estoril circuit in Portugal.
Aki Ajo: “Of course it is a shame that Efren fell and lost the possibility to be on the podium. But he did score points, which is important in a long run.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018