With Jorge Lorenzo reasserting himself at Jerez last weekend, it seems as good a time as any to remind diecast fans and Lorenzo memorabilia fans in general of a stonker of an exclusive from the renowned Diecast Legends company.
A few months back they spotted that Minichamps’ 1:12 replica of Jorge Lorenzo’s Estoril Yamaha YZR-M1 had been released as an exclusive limited edition of 750 pieces in conjunction with Danhausen, the Aachen company’s own retail store. They then did a deal with Danhausen to buy all of their unsold stock, so now, to all intents and purposes, it is a Diecast Legends exclusive.
And as well as stocking it in its basic unsigned form – already a seriously Limited Edition by any standards – Diecast Legends are using some of the stock in continuing their run of Jorge Lorenzo 1:12 signed Minichamps replicas, as the reigning MotoGP Champion has signed a limited edition of just 200 of these bikes exclusively for them.
Just to remind you, Lorenzo won the 2009 Estoril race with the same one-off colour scheme that Valentino Rossi campaigned to publicise the new Fiat Punto Evo (in fact, the young Spaniard has won all three Estoril rounds that he has entered in the MotoGP class). It was also the first time that he wore his famous astronaut helmet and race suit.
This is easily the most limited race winning Minichamps 1:12 MotoGP bike there has ever been to date. It doesn’t get much more special than this, so if you’re a diecast fan or a Lorenzo fan – or a potent mixture of both – go check it out while there are still some left available. It’s a beauty!
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018