With Jorge Lorenzo reasserting himself at Jerez last weekend, it seems as good a time as any to remind diecast fans and Lorenzo memorabilia fans in general of a stonker of an exclusive from the renowned Diecast Legends company.
A few months back they spotted that Minichamps’ 1:12 replica of Jorge Lorenzo’s Estoril Yamaha YZR-M1 had been released as an exclusive limited edition of 750 pieces in conjunction with Danhausen, the Aachen company’s own retail store. They then did a deal with Danhausen to buy all of their unsold stock, so now, to all intents and purposes, it is a Diecast Legends exclusive.
And as well as stocking it in its basic unsigned form – already a seriously Limited Edition by any standards – Diecast Legends are using some of the stock in continuing their run of Jorge Lorenzo 1:12 signed Minichamps replicas, as the reigning MotoGP Champion has signed a limited edition of just 200 of these bikes exclusively for them.
Just to remind you, Lorenzo won the 2009 Estoril race with the same one-off colour scheme that Valentino Rossi campaigned to publicise the new Fiat Punto Evo (in fact, the young Spaniard has won all three Estoril rounds that he has entered in the MotoGP class). It was also the first time that he wore his famous astronaut helmet and race suit.
This is easily the most limited race winning Minichamps 1:12 MotoGP bike there has ever been to date. It doesn’t get much more special than this, so if you’re a diecast fan or a Lorenzo fan – or a potent mixture of both – go check it out while there are still some left available. It’s a beauty!
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: Raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 18, 2018
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar! March 18, 2018
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0 March 18, 2018
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller March 18, 2018
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP March 18, 2018
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel March 18, 2018
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race March 18, 2018