Two days after the last race and taking advantage of the break in the World Championship due to the delay of the Japanese Grand Prix, Marc Márquez wore again his racing overall to test for two days at the Jerez Circuit. With no physical injuries after his crash on Sunday’s race – when he was hit by another competitor- Marquez did not want to wait to resume the activity.
The Repsol rider had an intensive testing day, although at the beginning the high wind and low temperatures of the Andalusian track interfered. Fortunately, in the afternoon the wind reduced its intensity and Marquez and his team were able to start working. The Repsol rider took the track around 14:30h and finished the test four hours and 59 laps later.
Marc Márquez completed a demanding session where he tried new settings and options for his Moto2 to keep learning about the secrets of a class new for him this season. He will resume the test tomorrow with the same aim to finish these two testing days that should allow him to face the following races with more kilometres on the Moto2.
Marc Márquez 59 laps, 261 km.
“In the morning the track surface was too cold and the conditions were less than ideal, so we decided not to go out to the track. It was too windy and it wasn’t worth the risks. In the afternoon, conditions changed and the asphalt temperature – around 20ºC – allowed us to go out. In the end we completed 59 laps. We worked on the settings of different areas of the bike. Some of them worked and some did not work well. Tomorrow we will follow the same line of work. We have to keep gathering kilometres, which is the most important thing for us. I hope the weather conditions allow us to work tomorrow during the entire day”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Qatar GP, Losail: Friday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 16, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: MotoGP 2018 gets underway – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 weekend preview March 13, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol 2018 Promotional Clip March 8, 2018
- Arón Canet and Alonso López present sports plans for the 2018 season March 5, 2018
- Vroom Magazine launches as iPhone App March 4, 2018
- MotoGP Qatar Test – Day 3 Roundup March 3, 2018
- FP3: Marquez leads Baldassarri and Oliveira March 17, 2018
- Canet, Martin and Antonelli head up FP3 March 17, 2018
- Lorenzo: aero or no aero is the question in Qatar March 16, 2018
- Dovizioso: “I’m not too worried…” March 16, 2018
- Suzuki closest challenger to Ducati on Day 1 March 16, 2018
- MotoE™ Teams announced March 16, 2018