After the great motivation for Dani Ruiz and the team Larresport to participate as a wild card at the Spanish Grand Prix two weeks ago, the season now starts in earnest for them with the first round of the Spanish Championship (CEV) in Jerez.
The championship consists of seven events this year, starting and ending at Jerez, with two rounds also at Albacete plus races at Motorland Aragon, Montmelo (Catalunya) and Cheste (Valencia).
With such a short championship, the main goal for the team will be to add points in each race and avoid any non-scores as they will weigh heavily in the final classification.
The weather forecast for this weekend is better than for the Spanish Grand Prix where it rained on Sunday, so the work on the setting will be reflected better on race day with all three days being dry.
Dani Ruiz: “I really want to start now, I’ve prepared for this all winter. Participating in the Spanish Grand Prix was great, but this is where I really have the chance the do great things and fight for top positions in the championship. I want to measure myself against my rivals and see where we are at. As always I’d like to thank everyone.”
Photo: David Clares
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019