After the great motivation for Dani Ruiz and the team Larresport to participate as a wild card at the Spanish Grand Prix two weeks ago, the season now starts in earnest for them with the first round of the Spanish Championship (CEV) in Jerez.
The championship consists of seven events this year, starting and ending at Jerez, with two rounds also at Albacete plus races at Motorland Aragon, Montmelo (Catalunya) and Cheste (Valencia).
With such a short championship, the main goal for the team will be to add points in each race and avoid any non-scores as they will weigh heavily in the final classification.
The weather forecast for this weekend is better than for the Spanish Grand Prix where it rained on Sunday, so the work on the setting will be reflected better on race day with all three days being dry.
Dani Ruiz: “I really want to start now, I’ve prepared for this all winter. Participating in the Spanish Grand Prix was great, but this is where I really have the chance the do great things and fight for top positions in the championship. I want to measure myself against my rivals and see where we are at. As always I’d like to thank everyone.”
Photo: David Clares
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018