After the great motivation for Dani Ruiz and the team Larresport to participate as a wild card at the Spanish Grand Prix two weeks ago, the season now starts in earnest for them with the first round of the Spanish Championship (CEV) in Jerez.
The championship consists of seven events this year, starting and ending at Jerez, with two rounds also at Albacete plus races at Motorland Aragon, Montmelo (Catalunya) and Cheste (Valencia).
With such a short championship, the main goal for the team will be to add points in each race and avoid any non-scores as they will weigh heavily in the final classification.
The weather forecast for this weekend is better than for the Spanish Grand Prix where it rained on Sunday, so the work on the setting will be reflected better on race day with all three days being dry.
Dani Ruiz: “I really want to start now, I’ve prepared for this all winter. Participating in the Spanish Grand Prix was great, but this is where I really have the chance the do great things and fight for top positions in the championship. I want to measure myself against my rivals and see where we are at. As always I’d like to thank everyone.”
Photo: David Clares
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018