After the great motivation for Dani Ruiz and the team Larresport to participate as a wild card at the Spanish Grand Prix two weeks ago, the season now starts in earnest for them with the first round of the Spanish Championship (CEV) in Jerez.
The championship consists of seven events this year, starting and ending at Jerez, with two rounds also at Albacete plus races at Motorland Aragon, Montmelo (Catalunya) and Cheste (Valencia).
With such a short championship, the main goal for the team will be to add points in each race and avoid any non-scores as they will weigh heavily in the final classification.
The weather forecast for this weekend is better than for the Spanish Grand Prix where it rained on Sunday, so the work on the setting will be reflected better on race day with all three days being dry.
Dani Ruiz: “I really want to start now, I’ve prepared for this all winter. Participating in the Spanish Grand Prix was great, but this is where I really have the chance the do great things and fight for top positions in the championship. I want to measure myself against my rivals and see where we are at. As always I’d like to thank everyone.”
Photo: David Clares
- Marquez & Lorenzo: burying the hatchet
- Backyard move
- Pirro on track in Valencia for three day Ducati test
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ back on track for testing at MotorLand
- VR46’s comeback: just what the ‘Doctor’ ordered
- Pedrosa shows top pace at Aragon
- Iannone: “This shows I can fight at the top”
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ teams set for post-GP test on Monday