Four weeks after the second round of the World Championship, held at the Spanish circuit of Jerez at the beginning of this month, the competition will resume again at the Iberian peninsula, this time with the Portuguese Grand Prix.
These nearly four weeks allowed Dani Pedrosa to undergo surgery in order to try and solve the problems on his left shoulder that affected his performance on the first two races, although he achieved two podiums. The Repsol rider arrives to this new round in second place of the championship and relief to have found a solution for his problems, but he is cautious after the surgery.
Dani Pedrosa: “I did what I had to do in these three weeks off and I look forward to get back on the bike after this period which has been good for me to undergo surgery and start rehabilitation. Last week I had the stitches removed, so everything is still very fresh and I don’t know how I will feel in Estoril, but I’m excited to see if everything went well and if I can put the issues aside once on the bike. It would be very good because we had a good start to the season and I wish to compete in the best conditions.
I want to make the most of the four practice sessions to prepare for the race.It would help if we have good weather, as this year we race in April, but you can never trust the weather there having the Atlantic Ocean so close. With regards to the circuit, Estoril has heavy braking zones and it will be important to find traction to take advantage of the good acceleration we have”.
Source: Repsol Media
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018