Rizla Suzuki’s Álvaro Bautista has been passed fit to ride at this weekend’s Portuguese Grand Prix, following a medical at the Estoril circuit today.
Bautista was examined by Chief Medical Officer Dr. Sarmento and after a thorough assessment of the Spaniard’s condition, he was deemed fit to return to action with immediate effect.
Bautista broke his left femur at Qatar only 41-days ago and will make an incredible return to MotoGP action tomorrow morning in the first free-practice session, where he will also assess his own on-bike fitness. If he is unable to continue for the remainder of the weekend Rizla Suzuki has Factory test rider Nobuatsu Aoki available to deputise.
Álvaro Bautista: “I am really pleased I have been given the ok to ride, but I must now see what it feels like to get on a MotoGP bike. I have done a bit of Supermotard riding and that felt good, but that is nothing like riding the GSV-R. I will see how things go tomorrow morning and we will make a decision about the rest of the weekend after that.”
Source: Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018