Premier class riders and teams returned to action today at Estoril race track which hosts the third round of the season after a 3-week break due to the postponement of Japanese GP. Both MotoGP practices were held in dry conditions but only 2 minutes after the second session the famous changeable weather of the Portuguese track affected the Moto2 session with rain showers.
LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias returned to the scene of his greatest triumph when he won his first premier class race in 2006 ahead Rossi and Roberts Jr. This is the track where the Spaniard hopes to regain his positive feeling aboard the RCV and with the 14th lap time of the day it seems that the 28-year-old has found the right direction.
Toni Elias – 14° – 1’38.912: “Obviously we had a positive first day of practices and I am very happy. Doubtless we still have to improve our position and the bike set up but we have found the right direction to follow and this gives us more confidence. This first step forward was necessary to me and the guys and once we arrived here we established different ways to work. Finally I could make a couple of long run with a good pace and I could try to improve myself as I feel more stable on the bike now. It was a quite good opening for us and want to thank the Team for their efforts”.
Source: LCR Honda
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018