Premier class riders and teams returned to action today at Estoril race track which hosts the third round of the season after a 3-week break due to the postponement of Japanese GP. Both MotoGP practices were held in dry conditions but only 2 minutes after the second session the famous changeable weather of the Portuguese track affected the Moto2 session with rain showers.
LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias returned to the scene of his greatest triumph when he won his first premier class race in 2006 ahead Rossi and Roberts Jr. This is the track where the Spaniard hopes to regain his positive feeling aboard the RCV and with the 14th lap time of the day it seems that the 28-year-old has found the right direction.
Toni Elias – 14° – 1’38.912: “Obviously we had a positive first day of practices and I am very happy. Doubtless we still have to improve our position and the bike set up but we have found the right direction to follow and this gives us more confidence. This first step forward was necessary to me and the guys and once we arrived here we established different ways to work. Finally I could make a couple of long run with a good pace and I could try to improve myself as I feel more stable on the bike now. It was a quite good opening for us and want to thank the Team for their efforts”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders
- Rossi, Viñales “want to fight for the podium” at Aragon
- Get set for your trip to Andalucia and Jerez
- Dynavolt Intact GP propose Raffin for 2019 MotoE™ season
- Time schedule for Aragon
- What tyre allocations are available at Aragon?