Due the postponement of the Japanese Grand Prix, there was a break of almost four weeks for the GP RW Racing team. Luis Salom took full advantage of this break to recover from his hand injury he had suffered during the Spanish GP in Jerez. His right hand is not quite 100% fit but still knew the talented rider from Majorca to finish twice in the top 10 today at the Portuguese circuit of Estoril. In the first free practice it was just sensing how his injury would keep while riding the bike. After a difficult start in the beginning of the session, Salom manage to finish the session on a 10th position.
In the second free practice Salom fell, despite faster lap times than the first session, outside the top 15. The Spaniard had many difficulties getting a fast lap time and he indicated that he was pushing too much. In the last minutes of the second free practice the Spaniard manage to ride more than a second faster of his previous time in the session and finish on a ninth position.
Luis Salom (9th, 1:48.407): “The enforced break of four weeks following the loss of the Japanese Grand Prix was good to me. In the meantime, I have a little surgery on my right little finger and I had time to recover. While riding the bike I have a lot of pain in my right hand, and especially when I have to brake. Here at Estoril you have a long straight and then you really need to brake hard for the first corner. Especially in this action, I have a lot of pain and I’m losing too much time in the first section. Still, I can look back satisfied on today and I’m happy with a top 10. We also have to find a better set up of the bike and for sure we can improve tomorrow. I know now how my hand reacts when I’m riding and I’m sure it will be better tomorrow. “
Source: RW Racing GP
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018