Following on from the action of yesterday’s Estoril GP, which saw Pedrosa taking the victory of the third round of the season after the postponement of Japan GP, the premier class riders and teams joined the windy Portuguese race track for an additional day of testing. The testing session has started at 10 am proceeding until 6 pm with sunny skies and premier class riders have proceeded their adjustments work ahead next Le Mans GP scheduled on the 15th of May.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias circulated the 4128m circuit 108 times today aboard his RC212V aiming to find a solution for the rear grip problems which prevented him from showing his real potential in the first three rounds of the season. After yesterday’s positive 11th place, the Catalan and his squad spent one more intense day of work on track adjusting the Honda machinery posting the 13th quickest lap time on 1’38.402.
Toni Elias – 13th – 1’38.412
“Well … I am happy about the further improvements we obtained today. We worked hard with the guys completing 108 laps but now we are closer to the top seven. I have improved my yesterdays race lap time of 1 second and this gives more further motivation. We have tested a new link concentrating our TO DO list on the suspension regulations and now the bike is more stable”.
Source: LCR Honda
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019