Following on from the action of yesterday’s Estoril GP, which saw Pedrosa taking the victory of the third round of the season after the postponement of Japan GP, the premier class riders and teams joined the windy Portuguese race track for an additional day of testing. The testing session has started at 10 am proceeding until 6 pm with sunny skies and premier class riders have proceeded their adjustments work ahead next Le Mans GP scheduled on the 15th of May.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias circulated the 4128m circuit 108 times today aboard his RC212V aiming to find a solution for the rear grip problems which prevented him from showing his real potential in the first three rounds of the season. After yesterday’s positive 11th place, the Catalan and his squad spent one more intense day of work on track adjusting the Honda machinery posting the 13th quickest lap time on 1’38.402.
Toni Elias – 13th – 1’38.412
“Well … I am happy about the further improvements we obtained today. We worked hard with the guys completing 108 laps but now we are closer to the top seven. I have improved my yesterdays race lap time of 1 second and this gives more further motivation. We have tested a new link concentrating our TO DO list on the suspension regulations and now the bike is more stable”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Qatar GP, Losail – Qualifying roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo on row 3 for Qatar GP March 17, 2018
- Iker Lecuona on fifth row at Losail March 17, 2018
- Jorge Martin misses Qatari pole by the slimmest of gaps March 17, 2018
- Tough start for Pol Espargaro in Qatar March 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat ready for the first race of the season in Qatar March 17, 2018
- Marquez vs Dovi: Sunday set up for a showdown March 17, 2018
- Zarco: From gravel trap to pole position at #QatarGP March 17, 2018
- Desert duel: Noguchi vs Aji lights up Losail March 17, 2018
- New TV graphics for 2018: keep track like never before March 17, 2018
- The battle to beat Zarco in Sunday’s sensational #QatarGP March 17, 2018
- Miller tops Q1 by narrow margin under the floodlights March 17, 2018