After the important victory achieved by Dani Pedrosa in Portugal, the Repsol Honda Team arrives to the fourth round of the World Championship full of hope and confidence. Free from the problems he had on his left shoulder, both the Spaniard and his team mates Stoner and Dovizioso will be able to focus fully on their riding and the set-up of their bikes to gather some more valuable points for the Championship.
In the three races already held, Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner have achieved two victories and three podiums between them, confirming themselves as two of the main referents of the Championship currently led by Jorge Lorenzo. Only four points separate Pedrosa from the lead and, with renewed confidence after the significant improvement of his physical form, the Repsol rider has at last a clearer path in front of him than the one he had since he broke his clavicle more than six months ago.
Dani Pedrosa: “It’s been the first week in a long time in which I have felt calm and confident, especially after the race we had in Portugal. It was a great release for me to feel good on the bike after the operation and makes me see things differently. After the race and Monday’s test I was very tired and sore.
I spent three days resting to relax the muscles and then I continued with the physiotherapy and gently working with my trainer. Now, I look forward to getting back on the bike. Le Mans will be, as always, a difficult and busy weekend. I’ve done well overall in this circuit, I have quite a lot of confidence there, but I am yet to win in MotoGP and I would like to. It’s similar to Estoril, a stop and go track where Yamaha has been also very strong in the past.
We need to take a big profit of the practice sessions to prepare a bike with good stability, traction and acceleration and be prepared for any track condition because of the weather. In this track you need to be also very focused because the race is long and it’s very important to be consistent and not make any mistakes”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018