Repsol rider Marc Marquez will take part this weekend in his 50th race in the World Championship with a really positive track record: one World Championship title, 10 victories and a good amount of records beaten
On April 13, 2008, only three years and one month ago, Marc Márquez had his debut at the Motorcycling World Championship in the 125cc class. It was at the Portuguese Grand Prix when the season had already started, as he had to miss the two first rounds of the championship due to an injury. The barely 15-year-old who started to discover on his KTM with Repsol livery the circuits of the World Championship, has now -49 Grand Prix later- been confirmed as one of the most promising riders of the sport.
In three seasons in 125cc, Márquez became the second youngest ever rider in winning a World Championship, in getting on a World Championship podium and in setting a pole position. He destroyed the records set by riders such as Dani Pedrosa, Jorge Lorenzo or Valentino Rossi, signing a fantastic season where he became the youngest ever rider to set five consecutive victories and four pole positions in a row, and also in starting from the highest place of the grid in 12 of the 17 races.
With all those achievements in the bag, the Repsol rider took the jump to Moto2, a class in which he had his debut last March 20 at Losail Circuit (Qatar). This beginning of the season Marc Márquez is paying the toll of his youth and the eagerness that made him write a golden page of the Spanish Motorcycling history. Nevertheless, he has shown he is one of the fastest riders in Moto2. This weekend in Le Mans, the track where he took his first pole position, Emilio Alzamora’s pupil will have a new opportunity to show his talent and gather his first points in the intermediate class. Few times has someone gone such a long way in 50 Grand Prix.
Source: Repsol Media
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018