The qualifying session of the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France is not entirely proceeded satisfactorily for RW GP Racing Team. The Spanish rider Luis Salom came to a tenth starting position but missed the connection with the top riders in the 125cc class.
The third free practice on Saturday morning, Luis Salom used to find a good race pace. He succeeded partially but could not keep the same pace every lap. After several adjustments to the suspension, the Spaniard went out again and could improve his lap times. In this session the RW Racing GP rider ended on a nineth position.
The qualifying was held under dry conditions with temperatures around 17 degrees. At the beginning of the qualifying session Salom was able to ride lap time good for a seventh position. Halfway through the session, the Spaniard dropped back outside the top 10. In the final run Salom had trouble getting his lap to improve what was partly caused by the rising wind. Salom could not take advantage of a slipstream, but knew in his final lap to improve his time and climbed one spot in the standings resulting in a tenth starting place. The RW GP Racing rider will start Sunday’s French Grand Prix from the fourth row.
Luis Salom (10th, 1:45.347): “Today was not my day. In the free practice I wasn’t entirely in my rhythm and I decided to go for a fast lapit while I was actually looking for my race pace. In qualifying it wasn’t much better. I was able to ride pretty fast a 1:45 lap but it was very hard to catch these lap times again. Especially when the wind came up halfway through the session, I couldn’t improve my lap time. In the last minutes I was overtaken by Maverick Vinales and I took his slipstream. The gap to the top is bigger than yesterday which I obviously don’t like! Tomorrow I have to have a good start and directly ride fast lap times to make a top 8 result possible.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018