The qualifying session of the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France is not entirely proceeded satisfactorily for RW GP Racing Team. The Spanish rider Luis Salom came to a tenth starting position but missed the connection with the top riders in the 125cc class.
The third free practice on Saturday morning, Luis Salom used to find a good race pace. He succeeded partially but could not keep the same pace every lap. After several adjustments to the suspension, the Spaniard went out again and could improve his lap times. In this session the RW Racing GP rider ended on a nineth position.
The qualifying was held under dry conditions with temperatures around 17 degrees. At the beginning of the qualifying session Salom was able to ride lap time good for a seventh position. Halfway through the session, the Spaniard dropped back outside the top 10. In the final run Salom had trouble getting his lap to improve what was partly caused by the rising wind. Salom could not take advantage of a slipstream, but knew in his final lap to improve his time and climbed one spot in the standings resulting in a tenth starting place. The RW GP Racing rider will start Sunday’s French Grand Prix from the fourth row.
Luis Salom (10th, 1:45.347): “Today was not my day. In the free practice I wasn’t entirely in my rhythm and I decided to go for a fast lapit while I was actually looking for my race pace. In qualifying it wasn’t much better. I was able to ride pretty fast a 1:45 lap but it was very hard to catch these lap times again. Especially when the wind came up halfway through the session, I couldn’t improve my lap time. In the last minutes I was overtaken by Maverick Vinales and I took his slipstream. The gap to the top is bigger than yesterday which I obviously don’t like! Tomorrow I have to have a good start and directly ride fast lap times to make a top 8 result possible.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018