Avant-AirAsia-Ajo Derbi riders continued to chase podium positions at the season’s fourth Grand Prix in Le Mans, France. This time Spaniard Efren Vazquez made the strongest performance finishing third. The podium position was Vazquez’s first one of the season.
Six laps before the chequered flag Vazquez, who started from the third row, made an impressive overtaking and took the third position. He then secured his position by putting in his fastest lap of the race.
The GP season continues on the first weekend of June in Barcelona at Circuit de Catalonia.
Efren Vazquez: “I am really pleased with this position. This was occasionally a hard weekend but we did a great job with the team and this is our prize for that, Vazquez said happily.
Aki Ajo: Vazquez had a rational race. We have found a mutual way for our working habits and with a better start he might have had changes to finish even higher.
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018