Avant-AirAsia-Ajo Derbi riders continued to chase podium positions at the season’s fourth Grand Prix in Le Mans, France. This time Spaniard Efren Vazquez made the strongest performance finishing third. The podium position was Vazquez’s first one of the season.
Six laps before the chequered flag Vazquez, who started from the third row, made an impressive overtaking and took the third position. He then secured his position by putting in his fastest lap of the race.
The GP season continues on the first weekend of June in Barcelona at Circuit de Catalonia.
Efren Vazquez: “I am really pleased with this position. This was occasionally a hard weekend but we did a great job with the team and this is our prize for that, Vazquez said happily.
Aki Ajo: Vazquez had a rational race. We have found a mutual way for our working habits and with a better start he might have had changes to finish even higher.
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018