Avant-AirAsia-Ajo Derbi riders continued to chase podium positions at the season’s fourth Grand Prix in Le Mans, France. This time Spaniard Efren Vazquez made the strongest performance finishing third. The podium position was Vazquez’s first one of the season.
Six laps before the chequered flag Vazquez, who started from the third row, made an impressive overtaking and took the third position. He then secured his position by putting in his fastest lap of the race.
The GP season continues on the first weekend of June in Barcelona at Circuit de Catalonia.
Efren Vazquez: “I am really pleased with this position. This was occasionally a hard weekend but we did a great job with the team and this is our prize for that, Vazquez said happily.
Aki Ajo: Vazquez had a rational race. We have found a mutual way for our working habits and with a better start he might have had changes to finish even higher.
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019