After contemplating his options for a few days and talking further with his doctors, Pedrosa has decided to undergo surgery to repair his broken right collarbone, the result of the crash he suffered in the Grand Prix of France.
Dani has put his trust again in surgeons Dr. Joaquim Casañas and Dr. César García-Madrid, the same medical team at Teknon Medical Centre in Barcelona, who performed the operation on 6 April. At that time, they removed the plate from the left collarbone to decompress the subclavian artery.
In today’s (Wednesday) operation performed at midday, a titanium plate was inserted to fix the fracture in the right collarbone. Following medical checks, the Repsol Honda rider will be discharged from hospital and in the next week he is expected to begin passive rehabilitation.
Dani’s participation in the Grand Prix of Catalunya remains uncertain.
- Qatar GP, Losail: Friday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 16, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: MotoGP 2018 gets underway – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 weekend preview March 13, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol 2018 Promotional Clip March 8, 2018
- Arón Canet and Alonso López present sports plans for the 2018 season March 5, 2018
- Vroom Magazine launches as iPhone App March 4, 2018
- MotoGP Qatar Test – Day 3 Roundup March 3, 2018
- FP3: Marquez leads Baldassarri and Oliveira March 17, 2018
- Canet, Martin and Antonelli head up FP3 March 17, 2018
- Lorenzo: aero or no aero is the question in Qatar March 16, 2018
- Dovizioso: “I’m not too worried…” March 16, 2018
- Suzuki closest challenger to Ducati on Day 1 March 16, 2018
- MotoE™ Teams announced March 16, 2018