In this special Infographic (click to enlarge), courtesy of Repsol Media, Marc Marquez, the current 125cc World Champion and winner of the last Moto2 French Grand Prix analyzes the Catalunya Circuit, a track he knows perfectly and where he competed for the first time at only 10 years old. It was in the 2003 Open RACC 50 edition and, since then, Marc Márquez has returned several times to a track that witnessed great performances from the young rider, such as last year, when he achieved a victory in the 125cc class.
The previous visits as a World Championship rider from Emilio Alzamora’s pupil to Montmeló circuit also finished with good memories for the rider from Cervera. In the 2008 edition, Márquez finished for the first time in the top 10. While in 2009 he had a great race in which he set the fastest lap of the race and missed the podium by only 26 thousandths.
Characterized by the great quantity of corners with different radius and speed, blind angles and uphill and downhill areas, the Catalunya Circuit has always been one of the favourites of the World Championship riders, and the Repsol rider’s aim for this weekend will be to keep the good feelings that led him to achieve his recent win in the Le Mans track. Márquez will have the extra motivation of competing just a few kilometres from his home, surrounded by his own fans and with the support of family, friends and acquaintances, which is always an added incentive.
Source: Repsol Media
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018