In this special Infographic (click to enlarge), courtesy of Repsol Media, Marc Marquez, the current 125cc World Champion and winner of the last Moto2 French Grand Prix analyzes the Catalunya Circuit, a track he knows perfectly and where he competed for the first time at only 10 years old. It was in the 2003 Open RACC 50 edition and, since then, Marc Márquez has returned several times to a track that witnessed great performances from the young rider, such as last year, when he achieved a victory in the 125cc class.
The previous visits as a World Championship rider from Emilio Alzamora’s pupil to Montmeló circuit also finished with good memories for the rider from Cervera. In the 2008 edition, Márquez finished for the first time in the top 10. While in 2009 he had a great race in which he set the fastest lap of the race and missed the podium by only 26 thousandths.
Characterized by the great quantity of corners with different radius and speed, blind angles and uphill and downhill areas, the Catalunya Circuit has always been one of the favourites of the World Championship riders, and the Repsol rider’s aim for this weekend will be to keep the good feelings that led him to achieve his recent win in the Le Mans track. Márquez will have the extra motivation of competing just a few kilometres from his home, surrounded by his own fans and with the support of family, friends and acquaintances, which is always an added incentive.
Source: Repsol Media
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018