After a short break of two weeks to gather strength, the Motorcycling World Championship will increase its pace to start a period with six races in eight weeks. For the first of them, the Repsol riders will compete at home. There’ll be a lot of support for Marc Márquez in the Moto2 class. The Repsol rider competes in front of his fans in the race closest to his home in Cervera -Lleida-. With a victory on his track record after four races, Márquez faces the round with his usual seriousness, as he knows how to keep his feet on the ground and keep the line of work he has been following during the season, which should allow him to be again among the fastest in the intermediate class.
Marc Márquez: “This week we will compete at the Catalunya Circuit, which is probably the track where I have competed most times, because since the Catalunya Championships I did a lot of races. However, in Moto2 references are different and we will have to do a good job in the practice to get a good set-up and a good pace for the race.
Last winter I was able to do some laps, just at the beginning of the preseason and if in 125cc it was a track I liked, I saw that in Moto2 it is even more fun. After the French Grand Prix we arrive with a lot of motivation, but we already talked with the team about the job we need to do and we will have to control that motivation so it does not betray us”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Iannone, Dovizioso, Marquez the top three in Warm Up
- Bagnaia heads Corsi and Fernandez on Sunday morning
- Bezzecchi tops Warm Up as 13 riders receive grid penalties
- UPDATE: Pol Espargaro undergoes successful surgey
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon