QMMF Racing Team riders Mashel Al Naimi and Ricky Cardús had a busy first day of practice for the Catalunya Grand Prix, with valuable experiences that will boost their performances in the future.
23-year-old Ricky Cardús took a radical approach and changed his riding style entirely, trying to brake a little earlier and in return to find smoother and faster lines through and out of the corners. Even though Cardús needs more time to perfect his new style and to find the right bike settings, the new approach is considered a move in the right direction. Therefore, Cardús is sure to improve on his 26th place and to get a good starting position for his home Grand Prix.
“Even though the weather conditions weren’t very good today, we are on track and learned a lot today”, said team manager Luis Solano. “Our aim now is to concentrate on good grid positions for both our riders. It’s crucial to put all efforts in for a really fast qualifying lap!”
Ricky Cardús (26º in 1.48,711)
“I’ve done better in the morning than the afternoon. In the second session I completely changed my riding style, brake a little earlier and I slided the bike entering the curve. It has to benefit me in the long run, but we need time, we are still on it. I’m 26th, but I don’t get nervous. I know what to do, I must adapt and find the right setting for this new style of riding. It is a future project.”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019