The Montmeló race track hosts this weekend the Catalunya Grand Prix north of Barcelona, a race with a rich history and massive crowds that marks the first of six races in eight weeks. Mixed conditions welcomed the premier class riders at the opening day of the Spanish round with Stoner still on the top of the time sheet.
LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias has vast experience in Catalunya as he was second in the 125cc grand prix as far back as 2001. That may not help him much this season but the 28-year-old from Manresa wants to continue his progression aboard the RCV and today’s first run out at his “home” track starts with a positive feeling. Elias set the 11th fastest time of the day and will test the 2011 updated chassis in tomorrow’s second day of practices.
Toni Elias: “I feel satisfied about my performance today because in these conditions (not completely wet and not completely dry) I could have been the last one again but we improved our feeling and this makes me happy. Our plan was to improve our base set up of Le Mans including the chassis and suspension regulations to compare all these data with the new chassis we are using tomorrow. I think we had a positive start of the weekend and aim to continue in this way especially at my home race ahead my fans”.
Source: LCR Honda
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019