Pol Espargaro managed the 14th fastest time on the first day of practice for the Catalunya Grand Prix in the Moto2 class, just eight tenths off the fastest time, achieved by Simone Corsi. The Tuenti Racing rider has been fighting for the ‘Top 10’ during the entire session, improving his laptimes in every run.
He still needs to improve his performance in the final sector, the stadium into the main straight, which will be his main goal for tomorrow where he aims to get a place in the first four rows of the grid and find a good pace for the race.
14. Pol Espargaro, 1.48.059
“I have trouble in the fourth sector and it makes me lose time, it’s not enough to be among the top ten. The equality of the field is tremendous and any mistake can be very expensive. I am optimistic because we know where we have trouble and now work to find the solution. A setback may come in the form of rain, as all forecasts predict for tomorrow. We continue to progress like in the recent Grand Prix and I hope to do a good race close to my home and in front of my people, although with this equality I can’t afford the tiniest bit of rest.”
Source: HP Tuenti
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019