Pol Espargaro managed the 14th fastest time on the first day of practice for the Catalunya Grand Prix in the Moto2 class, just eight tenths off the fastest time, achieved by Simone Corsi. The Tuenti Racing rider has been fighting for the ‘Top 10’ during the entire session, improving his laptimes in every run.
He still needs to improve his performance in the final sector, the stadium into the main straight, which will be his main goal for tomorrow where he aims to get a place in the first four rows of the grid and find a good pace for the race.
14. Pol Espargaro, 1.48.059
“I have trouble in the fourth sector and it makes me lose time, it’s not enough to be among the top ten. The equality of the field is tremendous and any mistake can be very expensive. I am optimistic because we know where we have trouble and now work to find the solution. A setback may come in the form of rain, as all forecasts predict for tomorrow. We continue to progress like in the recent Grand Prix and I hope to do a good race close to my home and in front of my people, although with this equality I can’t afford the tiniest bit of rest.”
Source: HP Tuenti
- Marquez & Lorenzo: burying the hatchet
- Backyard move
- Pirro on track in Valencia for three day Ducati test
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ back on track for testing at MotorLand
- VR46’s comeback: just what the ‘Doctor’ ordered
- Pedrosa shows top pace at Aragon
- Iannone: “This shows I can fight at the top”
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ teams set for post-GP test on Monday