Pol Espargaro has been unlucky in the qualifying for Grand Prix of Catalunya and will be forced to start the race from the ninth row of the grid. The HP Tuenti Racing rider, who during the last three seasons has fought for the 125cc pole position at the circuit just a few miles from his home, this time has not been at any time among the first and at the end found himself far behind. Polyccio could not take advantage of the two sets of soft tyres for the qualifying and has posted his fastest laptime on the hard compound. Curiously he could not improve his best lap from yesterday, not following the normal progression for a weekend. The morning warmup will be the key to finding the setup which will hopefully give him the option to get into the race with the option to fight for points.
25. Pol Espargaro, 1.48.087
“I do not understand why we are so far back. We started the home Grand Prix strong and in the course of the practice sessions we have not been able to improve and we seem stuck. There has been no way to ride below 1.48s and we are far behind the first. I have many problems with the tyres and I can not ride fast with the same that my brother Aleix used to qualify second. Tomorrow in the warmup we will do some testing and hopefully find solutions for the race. To start so far behind is a problem, but I will give everything to at least be competitive in the race and get into the points. I wanted to do very well in front of the fans and at the moment I’m not doing that.”
Source: HP Tuenti
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019