Efren Vazquez qualified fifth-fasetst and will start tomorrow’s race from the second row on the grid. After four GPs Vazquez is currently fifth in the championship.
Vazquez returned to the podium three weeks ago when he was third in GP of France.
Spanish rider Nicolas Terol who is leading the championship took his fourth pole position with a laptime of 1.51’281.
Efren Vazquez: “My grid position is far better now than in the two previous GPs in Estoril and Le Mans, where I qualified ninth. That makes it easier to fight for the top positions. These two days in Barcelona have been really good in terms of setup. I have a clear vision what kind of adjustments I will have to make for the race.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- Qatar GP, Losail: Friday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 16, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: MotoGP 2018 gets underway – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 weekend preview March 13, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol 2018 Promotional Clip March 8, 2018
- Arón Canet and Alonso López present sports plans for the 2018 season March 5, 2018
- Vroom Magazine launches as iPhone App March 4, 2018
- MotoGP Qatar Test – Day 3 Roundup March 3, 2018
- FP3: Marquez leads Baldassarri and Oliveira March 17, 2018
- Canet, Martin and Antonelli head up FP3 March 17, 2018
- Lorenzo: aero or no aero is the question in Qatar March 16, 2018
- Dovizioso: “I’m not too worried…” March 16, 2018
- Suzuki closest challenger to Ducati on Day 1 March 16, 2018
- MotoE™ Teams announced March 16, 2018