The fifth round of the calendar at the Catalan circuit was run today under changeable weather with rain showers high risk ahead 81.838 warm Iberian fans. The Gran Premi of Catalunya saw Stoner getting his third victory aboard the RCV whilst the local racer Toni Elias had a very tough week end at his home soil.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider qualified 14th yesterday using a 2011 RCV chassis modified to suit his particular riding technique. Although the chassis was a step in the right direction the 28-year-old from Manresa is disappointed about today’s result (13th) and aims to make a radical change to his machinery set up at Silverstone circuit next weekend.
Toni Elias – 13th: “It was one of the worst races of my career because we could not even match yesterday’s lap time. We probably took the wrong direction as we have lost front grip and rear grip was really poor for the whole race. At the end we scored some points but I feel bad for me, for the team and for my fans. There’s something wrong and we need a radical change because we all deserve a better result. We are working hard since the winter test and we will continue this way”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders
- Rossi, Viñales “want to fight for the podium” at Aragon
- Get set for your trip to Andalucia and Jerez
- Dynavolt Intact GP propose Raffin for 2019 MotoE™ season
- Time schedule for Aragon
- What tyre allocations are available at Aragon?