The fifth round of the calendar at the Catalan circuit was run today under changeable weather with rain showers high risk ahead 81.838 warm Iberian fans. The Gran Premi of Catalunya saw Stoner getting his third victory aboard the RCV whilst the local racer Toni Elias had a very tough week end at his home soil.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider qualified 14th yesterday using a 2011 RCV chassis modified to suit his particular riding technique. Although the chassis was a step in the right direction the 28-year-old from Manresa is disappointed about today’s result (13th) and aims to make a radical change to his machinery set up at Silverstone circuit next weekend.
Toni Elias – 13th: “It was one of the worst races of my career because we could not even match yesterday’s lap time. We probably took the wrong direction as we have lost front grip and rear grip was really poor for the whole race. At the end we scored some points but I feel bad for me, for the team and for my fans. There’s something wrong and we need a radical change because we all deserve a better result. We are working hard since the winter test and we will continue this way”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Qatar GP, Losail – Qualifying roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo on row 3 for Qatar GP March 17, 2018
- Iker Lecuona on fifth row at Losail March 17, 2018
- Jorge Martin misses Qatari pole by the slimmest of gaps March 17, 2018
- Tough start for Pol Espargaro in Qatar March 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat ready for the first race of the season in Qatar March 17, 2018
- Marquez vs Dovi: Sunday set up for a showdown March 17, 2018
- Zarco: From gravel trap to pole position at #QatarGP March 17, 2018
- Desert duel: Noguchi vs Aji lights up Losail March 17, 2018
- New TV graphics for 2018: keep track like never before March 17, 2018
- The battle to beat Zarco in Sunday’s sensational #QatarGP March 17, 2018
- Miller tops Q1 by narrow margin under the floodlights March 17, 2018