The Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya didn’t end up well for RW Racing GP. After a good start RW Racing GP rider Luis Salom dropped out of the top 10 but was able to fight back to a nineth position. With only a few laps to go, the Spaniard unfortunately crashed out and scored no points this weekend.
The race started on a wet track but most riders opted for slick tires. The lap times were not fast in the beginning and it was very slippery at the start of the race. As the race progressed the track dried gradually and the best choice were slick tires for this conditions.
Luis Salom had a good start and climbed from eighth to a sixth place in the first lap. After a few laps the Spaniard dropped back and halfway through the race Salom came even outside the top 10. The lap times were getting faster as the track dried. For Salom it took a while before he found his rhythm but managed to improve his lap times every lap and was able to reconnect with the group that fought for the ninth position. At the moment the Spaniard took over this position from his compatriot Adrian Martin he crashed out and didn’t score any points.
Luis Salom (DNF): “Today wasn’t a good day for me. I had a good start but was too cautious in the beginning. I dropped back further and further and even I dropped out of the top 10. A top 10 position is surely the least I wanted in my home Grand Prix and I took more risks. That turned out well and came right back in the group who fought for the ninth spot. I could lead the group but than I tucked the front and crashed. Fortunately I’m not injuried but I’m very disappointed. Next week will be next race on the Silverstone track and for sure I want to fight again for a top 10 position.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018