LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias clocked the 10th fastest lap time (2’19.612) at today’s first outing at redeveloped Silverstone race track which host the sixth round of the calendar. The Iberian racer riding the RCV went about his business in dry conditions this morning but in the afternoon session the typical English weather affected the riders’ performances at the 5.902km circuit.
Elias, who had another difficult race at his home circuit last week, is a big fan of the English track and has worked hard with his crew to increase his pace adjusting chassis and suspension regulations. Today’s pacesetter Stoner set a best lap time of 2’15.666.
Toni Elias: “We have done important changes on the bike moving more weight on the rear adjusting the triple clump and the front fork including the suspensions regulations. All these radical changes gave me a better feeling though the surface conditions were not very clear. I mean… it was not totally wet and I hope to test this package in the dry. Anyway I feel more confident now because in the same conditions of full rain in Jerez I was in bigger troubles: apparently we have found a good direction in the wet”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018