LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias clocked the 10th fastest lap time (2’19.612) at today’s first outing at redeveloped Silverstone race track which host the sixth round of the calendar. The Iberian racer riding the RCV went about his business in dry conditions this morning but in the afternoon session the typical English weather affected the riders’ performances at the 5.902km circuit.
Elias, who had another difficult race at his home circuit last week, is a big fan of the English track and has worked hard with his crew to increase his pace adjusting chassis and suspension regulations. Today’s pacesetter Stoner set a best lap time of 2’15.666.
Toni Elias: “We have done important changes on the bike moving more weight on the rear adjusting the triple clump and the front fork including the suspensions regulations. All these radical changes gave me a better feeling though the surface conditions were not very clear. I mean… it was not totally wet and I hope to test this package in the dry. Anyway I feel more confident now because in the same conditions of full rain in Jerez I was in bigger troubles: apparently we have found a good direction in the wet”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules