LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias clocked the 10th fastest lap time (2’19.612) at today’s first outing at redeveloped Silverstone race track which host the sixth round of the calendar. The Iberian racer riding the RCV went about his business in dry conditions this morning but in the afternoon session the typical English weather affected the riders’ performances at the 5.902km circuit.
Elias, who had another difficult race at his home circuit last week, is a big fan of the English track and has worked hard with his crew to increase his pace adjusting chassis and suspension regulations. Today’s pacesetter Stoner set a best lap time of 2’15.666.
Toni Elias: “We have done important changes on the bike moving more weight on the rear adjusting the triple clump and the front fork including the suspensions regulations. All these radical changes gave me a better feeling though the surface conditions were not very clear. I mean… it was not totally wet and I hope to test this package in the dry. Anyway I feel more confident now because in the same conditions of full rain in Jerez I was in bigger troubles: apparently we have found a good direction in the wet”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Crutchlow tops FP3, Marquez still fastest, Yamahas miss out
- Bezzecchi fastest as Saturday action begins in Aragon
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto