Pol Espargaro wasn’t able to ride as he did yesterday in today’s qualifying for the Grand Prix of Great Britain, suffering a crash halfway through the free practice this morning and finding no feeling in qualifying, where he set the fastest time in the third lap and then could not improve. The HP Tuenti rider is determined to score points in the race at Silverstone which will probably be complicated, as all forecasts show rain for the hour of the race.
Polyccio hopes to do well at the English track where he took second place in the 125cc class last year and despite starting from far behind will try to finish inside the points for the third time this season.
23. Pol Espargaro, 2.10.514
“It was my worst session of the weekend and it coincided with the qualifying which determined my position on the grid. The track was very cold, it was windy and I have not at any time to set the bike to my liking. I have tried in every way, but I could not go faster. Yesterday everything was going more easily and this morning I started well, but then I had a crash and from that moment everything was more difficult for me. I think I should have been much higher, but I will have to make up positions to fight for points in the race which everything seems to suggest will be in the wet. I have less experience than other riders in the rain, but I’ll give the maximum to finish the race and get in the area of the points. I want to give myself a good result at this track for my 20th birthday and I’ll do everything until the last minute to make it happen.”
Source: HP Tuenti
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules