Todays’ second day of practices at Silverstone circuit was held in dry conditions despite some cloudy skies and low temperatures (32° on the asphalt) with Stoner setting the fastest lap time in the afternoon qualifying session (2’02.020) ahead Simoncelli and Lorenzo.
The 60-minute qualifying at the 5.902 km race track saw the LCR Honda racer Toni Elias posting the 14th lap time (2’05.862) despite a crash in the first half of the session. The Iberian rider escaped unhurt from the incident and continued to ride on soft tyres using a new suspension link. Elias could not make the most of his RCV but obtained some small improvements so far.
Toni Elias – 14th – 2’05.862: “Despite the crash and the lap time we obtained some small improvements using a new suspension link that makes me more stable now. Obviously the crash has spoiled our TO DO list for the qualifying session but I am lucky I am unhurt: I was lapping on hard rear tyre pushing a bit too much and I crashed out. Honestly I do not feel very comfortable in the dry so I am hoping to race in the wet tomorrow because it seems we have found a good direction”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders
- Rossi, Viñales “want to fight for the podium” at Aragon
- Get set for your trip to Andalucia and Jerez
- Dynavolt Intact GP propose Raffin for 2019 MotoE™ season
- Time schedule for Aragon
- What tyre allocations are available at Aragon?