The LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias has achieved a brave eight place in today’s 20-lap British Grand Prix at Silverstone circuit which saw Stoner gaining his 3rd victory in a row ahead Dovizioso and Edwards. As predicted the sixth round of the season was affected by the typical English weather with heavy rain since the early morning and low temperatures (11° in the air and only 10° degrees on the asphalt).
Toni Elias lined up in 14th place after yesterdays qualifying taking a superb start behind Rossi and he was 8th at the end of the first run. The Spaniard put in a brave performance despite the slippery asphalt and some visibility issues because of his helmet visor. Elias scores further 8 points in the world classification and will be back on track at famous Assen circuit on the 25th of June.
Toni Elias: “I am quite happy as yesterday I was hoping for a wet race to finish in the top ten. I could not have finished in the same position in the dry as we are still struggling with bike set up. Anyway this is a positive weekend for me and the team because we have scored further points in the standing. I knew I could fight for a better position battling with Rossi and Abraham but after some laps I had problems with my helmet: the visibility was not clear and a couple of times I had to open the visor. I think I took a brave start from the 14th spot on the grid but I went wide in the first corner: luckily I was capable to rejoin the track proceeding with my race”.
Source: LCR Honda
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018