Working with his crew to find the right machine balance for the floating nature of Assen race track, LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias could not translate his good pace in the wet in a positive performance in today’s 60-minute qualifying session. After yesterday’s cancellation of second free session Elias and his competitors had an exceptional 90-minute session in the dry to fine tune their bikes ahead tomorrow’s 26-lap race.
The Spaniard riding the RCV has increased his pace in this morning free session getting the 10th position but struggled to maintain the top ten on qualifiers taking the 16th spot on the grid.
Toni Elias: “I am very disappointed because this morning we have found a good bike balance and I could ride with more confidence after a long time. But in the afternoon qualifying the same set up has not worked as we expected and I have struggled with rear grip once again in the exit of the curves. Trying to increase the pace we went for a harder tyre but I crashed at 8 minutes to go. This means another tough start from the last row for me but I do not lose my concentration because we must find the right way to adjust this bike”.
Source: LCR Honda
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019