The third of the for rounds of the Championship in this intense month of June will take place this weekend at the Mugello track. The Repsol riders arrive to Italian soil with the aim to repeat the podiums achieved at the Dutch Grand Prix. With them will be Dani Pedrosa, who will be in the MotoGP round after recovering from the injure that kept him away from the circuits in the last three races.
The Repsol Honda Team set a very high level last year at the Tuscan track. With a great performance from the first laps of the race, Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso signed the first and third position, respectively. The Spaniard won it all —‘pole position’, fastest lap and victory—, and together with his team mate received the ovation of the tifosi.
Dani Pedrosa: “After missing three races, I’m happy to be back in Mugello. During this period I’ve been very focused on my recovery and after the second operation I have improved a lot.I’m really looking forward to riding the bike, getting into the groove again and to be as competitive as I was before the injury.
It’s been difficult being out of competition, but that was the situation and I couldn’t do more.I have been in contact with my team during this time and I know they also look forward to getting back to normal. Together we will work to regain the highest level and fight to win races again.
Mugello is a difficult circuit, very technical and demanding, and I know it will not be easy for us, but last year we scored our first win of the season there and we would like to get a good result”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018