The third of the for rounds of the Championship in this intense month of June will take place this weekend at the Mugello track. The Repsol riders arrive to Italian soil with the aim to repeat the podiums achieved at the Dutch Grand Prix. With them will be Dani Pedrosa, who will be in the MotoGP round after recovering from the injure that kept him away from the circuits in the last three races.
The Repsol Honda Team set a very high level last year at the Tuscan track. With a great performance from the first laps of the race, Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso signed the first and third position, respectively. The Spaniard won it all —‘pole position’, fastest lap and victory—, and together with his team mate received the ovation of the tifosi.
Dani Pedrosa: “After missing three races, I’m happy to be back in Mugello. During this period I’ve been very focused on my recovery and after the second operation I have improved a lot.I’m really looking forward to riding the bike, getting into the groove again and to be as competitive as I was before the injury.
It’s been difficult being out of competition, but that was the situation and I couldn’t do more.I have been in contact with my team during this time and I know they also look forward to getting back to normal. Together we will work to regain the highest level and fight to win races again.
Mugello is a difficult circuit, very technical and demanding, and I know it will not be easy for us, but last year we scored our first win of the season there and we would like to get a good result”.
Source: Repsol Media
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018