Maverick Viñales has competed in just seven Grand Prix races, but has already set a number of new records and milestones during his brief...
Maverick Viñales has competed in just seven Grand Prix races, but has already set a number of new records and milestones during his brief GP career:
- At the fourth race of the year at Le Mans he became, at the age of 16 years 123 days the youngest Spanish rider to win a Grand Prix; taking this record from Jorge Lorenzo.
- Before Viñales’ win in France, no rider had won in the 125cc class having started in less than five GP races since Noboru Ueda won in Japan in 1991 when making his Grand Prix debut.
- At the Dutch TT he became the youngest ever rider to do the clean sweep of pole position, race win and fastest lap. The previous holder of this record was Dani Pedrosa.
- Following his win at Assen, he is the second youngest rider ever to have two GP wins; only Marco Melandri has had two GP victories at a younger age. If Viñales takes another win before the end of this season he would become the youngest rider ever to take three GP victories.
- At the Dutch TT, Viñales became the youngest rider ever to start back-to-back Grand Prix races from pole position, taking the record from Dani Pedrosa.
Our Latest News
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018