Shell has renewed its agreement with MotoGP rights holder Dorna Sports for its motorcycle oil brand, Shell Advance, to continue as the title sponsor for the Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix, to run for a third successive year in 2011.
Throughout this year Shell is encouraging bikers from different parts of the world to vote for their favourite road, route or track, and be in with the chance to win a trip to Sepang for the unveiling of the ultimate Riding Wonder. The shortlisted Seven Riding Wonders, voted for by the public, will be narrowed down to just one lucky winner who will be chosen in Sepang to travel to the ultimate Riding Wonder.
Pau Serracanta, Dorna Sports S.L. Managing Director said: “It is our third year working with Shell as a title sponsor of the Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix, and it is great to work with a partner that shares our passion for motorcycle racing and understands what a significant role it plays in Asia. We are delighted that Shell Advance has chosen the Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix as the venue for the final of its search for the world’s ultimate Seven Riding Wonders and are excited to be a part of the panel that decides the world’s ultimate Riding Wonder.”
Tanmay Jaswal, Shell Advance Global Marketing Manager, said: “As one of the potential Seven Riding Wonders, Sepang is a fitting location for the final of our unveiling and a further platform to support our successful technical partnership with Ducati Corse. As Asia’s foremost motorcycle race, the Malaysian round of the MotoGP World Championship allows us to connect with the aspirations of all the fans in a region where the sport, which represents the pinnacle of motorcycling expertise, is continuing to increase in popularity.”
This year’s Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix will take place at the Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia, on 23rd October 2011.
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018