Mixed weather conditions welcomed the MotoGP riders at Mugello GP opening day as the first free session was conducted in the dry with stifling temperature of 26 degrees whilst only 5 riders joined the 5.245 km race track in the 40-minute afternoon session.
The Tuscan circuit was marred by a light rain which was not good enough for wet tyres and too slippery for slick tyres. However LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias completed 10 laps setting the 2nd quickest lap time (1’51.937) behind Dovizioso.
Toni Elias – 2nd: “Well… this is like a “fake session” because the track conditions were weird: not enough wet for wet tyres and too humid for slick tyres. At the end the majority of my colleagues have preferred to sit out the session because it was too risky. I made the same in the first part of the practice but then we have decided to go out for a couple of laps as the asphalt was drying up. Our lap time was pretty good but we could not proceed with our TO DO list in the dry. We’ll see what we can do tomorrow to increase our pace: it depends on the weather again”.
Source: LCR Honda
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019