Ricky Cardús and Mashel Al-Naimi finished the Italian Grand Prix in 22nd and 31st position. But even though the QMMF Racing Team riders missed out on the stronger results they had hoped for, they both took the weekend on the magnificent but demanding Mugello circuit as a very valuable experience. Even though he was completely exhausted after his first ever race at Mugello, Ricky Cardús was still satisfied about having completed the 21-lap race and knows that he will be stronger when he returns next time.
Ricky Cardús – 22º: “Tough race. Because of the heat and my lack of experience in this demanding circuit. It’s difficult for me on the fast ones. I have not given up, but in the end I was exhausted and depressed. The good thing is that I have more experience now, I know the track and will be more prepared when I return next year.”
Luis Solano, team coordinator: “It was difficult for Ricky. It was a perfect race day with perfect conditions and a brilliant atmosphere, but this also meant that every rider out there was pushing at the maximum. We saw again how close and hard-fought this class is. Ricky made a good start and he was battling all the time, so we must be happy. But he still is far away from what he is capable of, which is a position in the top 15!”
Source: QMMF Racing
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019