The MotoGP World Championship moves this weekend to Sachsenring circuit —Germany— to celebrate the ninth round of the calendar. The Repsol riders, determined to followed the trend set in Mugello, reach the midpoint of the season with the aim to keep the good results obtained two weeks ago on the Italian track. There, a double podium for Dovizioso and Stoner in MotoGP and a win for Márquez in Moto2 were an excellent outcome for the Repsol riders, together with the remarkable result of Dani Pedrosa in his return to competition.
The German round will be the second Grand Prix for the Spaniard, after being away from competition for several races. After his eighth position in Mugello, the Repsol Honda Team rider will try to take a step ahead in his recovery at the Sachsenring, a track full of good memories for him, where last season he had a memorable victory after an intense duel with Jorge Lorenzo.
Dani Pedrosa: “The last race in Mugello was good because after a long time without racing, I saw that I haven’t lost the ability to go fast. I have to regain fitness and this week I have worked hard. I’ve always had very good races at Sachsenring and it’s good to get to a track where you know you can do well.
Contrary to Mugello, Germany is all almost left hand corners and this must help me. Last year, we had a great race there and hopefully we can do a good job again during practices, hope nothing goes wrong and come out with a good chance for the race”.
Source: Repsol Media
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018