The MotoGP World Championship moves this weekend to Sachsenring circuit —Germany— to celebrate the ninth round of the calendar. The Repsol riders, determined to followed the trend set in Mugello, reach the midpoint of the season with the aim to keep the good results obtained two weeks ago on the Italian track. There, a double podium for Dovizioso and Stoner in MotoGP and a win for Márquez in Moto2 were an excellent outcome for the Repsol riders, together with the remarkable result of Dani Pedrosa in his return to competition.
The German round will be the second Grand Prix for the Spaniard, after being away from competition for several races. After his eighth position in Mugello, the Repsol Honda Team rider will try to take a step ahead in his recovery at the Sachsenring, a track full of good memories for him, where last season he had a memorable victory after an intense duel with Jorge Lorenzo.
Dani Pedrosa: “The last race in Mugello was good because after a long time without racing, I saw that I haven’t lost the ability to go fast. I have to regain fitness and this week I have worked hard. I’ve always had very good races at Sachsenring and it’s good to get to a track where you know you can do well.
Contrary to Mugello, Germany is all almost left hand corners and this must help me. Last year, we had a great race there and hopefully we can do a good job again during practices, hope nothing goes wrong and come out with a good chance for the race”.
Source: Repsol Media
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019