The MotoGP World Championship moves this weekend to Sachsenring circuit —Germany— to celebrate the ninth round of the calendar. The Repsol riders, determined to followed the trend set in Mugello, reach the midpoint of the season with the aim to keep the good results obtained two weeks ago on the Italian track. There, a double podium for Dovizioso and Stoner in MotoGP and a win for Márquez in Moto2 were an excellent outcome for the Repsol riders, together with the remarkable result of Dani Pedrosa in his return to competition.
The German round will be the second Grand Prix for the Spaniard, after being away from competition for several races. After his eighth position in Mugello, the Repsol Honda Team rider will try to take a step ahead in his recovery at the Sachsenring, a track full of good memories for him, where last season he had a memorable victory after an intense duel with Jorge Lorenzo.
Dani Pedrosa: “The last race in Mugello was good because after a long time without racing, I saw that I haven’t lost the ability to go fast. I have to regain fitness and this week I have worked hard. I’ve always had very good races at Sachsenring and it’s good to get to a track where you know you can do well.
Contrary to Mugello, Germany is all almost left hand corners and this must help me. Last year, we had a great race there and hopefully we can do a good job again during practices, hope nothing goes wrong and come out with a good chance for the race”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018