The MotoGP World Championship continues apace this weekend in Germany with the ninth round of the season and, as such, the halfway point. Over the next two weekends the riders will tackle two of the shortest circuits on the calendar – the first at Sachsenring and the second at Laguna Seca. Both tracks measure less than four kilometres in length and present a tight and twisty challenge before a well earned summer break. Jorge Lorenzo’s victory last time out at Mugello has blown the championship open, making for an interesting prelude to the brief summer hiatus.
Héctor Barberá is looking forward to riding in Germany, where he produced one of his best performances of the season last year. The MAPFRE Aspar rider arrives on the back of a very positive seventh place last time out in Italy, in possibly his best MotoGP race yet. Héctor followed up with an even more impressive test on the Monday, when he set the fourth fastest time, and after gaining speed and confidence on his Ducati he is hopeful of continuing his form this weekend.
“We put on a good show last year in Germany so I hope to at least equal that. Both the race in Italy and the test on the following day were very good for us and we have turned the difficult situation we were going through around. Now I go to Sachsenring with energy and enthusiasm – we are ready for the next Grand Prix. The track is quite well suited to my riding style and even though it is short is has some fast and flowing corners. I like the track and tend to be quite fast there so now we have gone back to a setting that works everything comes easier, so I hope that continues this weekend. Our objective as always is to be amongst the leading Ducatis.”
Source: Aspar Media
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018