The MotoGP World Championship continues apace this weekend in Germany with the ninth round of the season and, as such, the halfway point. Over the next two weekends the riders will tackle two of the shortest circuits on the calendar – the first at Sachsenring and the second at Laguna Seca. Both tracks measure less than four kilometres in length and present a tight and twisty challenge before a well earned summer break. Jorge Lorenzo’s victory last time out at Mugello has blown the championship open, making for an interesting prelude to the brief summer hiatus.
Héctor Barberá is looking forward to riding in Germany, where he produced one of his best performances of the season last year. The MAPFRE Aspar rider arrives on the back of a very positive seventh place last time out in Italy, in possibly his best MotoGP race yet. Héctor followed up with an even more impressive test on the Monday, when he set the fourth fastest time, and after gaining speed and confidence on his Ducati he is hopeful of continuing his form this weekend.
“We put on a good show last year in Germany so I hope to at least equal that. Both the race in Italy and the test on the following day were very good for us and we have turned the difficult situation we were going through around. Now I go to Sachsenring with energy and enthusiasm – we are ready for the next Grand Prix. The track is quite well suited to my riding style and even though it is short is has some fast and flowing corners. I like the track and tend to be quite fast there so now we have gone back to a setting that works everything comes easier, so I hope that continues this weekend. Our objective as always is to be amongst the leading Ducatis.”
Source: Aspar Media
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018
- Pedrosa and Miller drop in on the Asia Talent Cup in Qatar March 21, 2018
- KTM find the positives from Losail March 20, 2018
- Syahrin: second rookie and points in his first ever race March 20, 2018