Second sunny day of practices for the MotoGP riders at the technical and tight German track which host the ninth round of the calendar. The 60-minute qualifying session saw Stoner obtaining his sixth pole aboard the RCV ahead of Pedrosa and Lorenzo but this afternoon practice was a positive outing even for LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias who set the 14th lap time on q-tyres (1’23.201).
After yesterday’s awful crashes the Spaniard was eager to increase his pace at the twisty track so he tried to adjust the front feeling and the handling of his machinery ahead the qualifying session. Elias completed 30 laps feeling more comfortable and will try to do some small adjustments during the warm up to improve the setting ahead tomorrow’s 30-lap race.
Toni Elias: “I feel quite satisfied because this is our best qualification this year so far. Of course we are not totally happy because we have got the potential to improve and to qualify in the top ten but this is a good step forward. It seems we have a clear idea about the race tyres and probably we could develop this base set up in the future to increase my pace. I am hoping to lap in the 1.22 range and my crew is doing a very good job to fine tune the bike. I always take good starts and will try hard to do the same tomorrow even if the distance between the straight and the first corner is very short. I aim to be in the top ten after the first turn”.
Source: LCR Honda
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019