Second sunny day of practices for the MotoGP riders at the technical and tight German track which host the ninth round of the calendar. The 60-minute qualifying session saw Stoner obtaining his sixth pole aboard the RCV ahead of Pedrosa and Lorenzo but this afternoon practice was a positive outing even for LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias who set the 14th lap time on q-tyres (1’23.201).
After yesterday’s awful crashes the Spaniard was eager to increase his pace at the twisty track so he tried to adjust the front feeling and the handling of his machinery ahead the qualifying session. Elias completed 30 laps feeling more comfortable and will try to do some small adjustments during the warm up to improve the setting ahead tomorrow’s 30-lap race.
Toni Elias: “I feel quite satisfied because this is our best qualification this year so far. Of course we are not totally happy because we have got the potential to improve and to qualify in the top ten but this is a good step forward. It seems we have a clear idea about the race tyres and probably we could develop this base set up in the future to increase my pace. I am hoping to lap in the 1.22 range and my crew is doing a very good job to fine tune the bike. I always take good starts and will try hard to do the same tomorrow even if the distance between the straight and the first corner is very short. I aim to be in the top ten after the first turn”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Qatar GP, Losail – Qualifying roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo on row 3 for Qatar GP March 17, 2018
- Iker Lecuona on fifth row at Losail March 17, 2018
- Jorge Martin misses Qatari pole by the slimmest of gaps March 17, 2018
- Tough start for Pol Espargaro in Qatar March 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat ready for the first race of the season in Qatar March 17, 2018
- Marquez vs Dovi: Sunday set up for a showdown March 17, 2018
- Zarco: From gravel trap to pole position at #QatarGP March 17, 2018
- Desert duel: Noguchi vs Aji lights up Losail March 17, 2018
- New TV graphics for 2018: keep track like never before March 17, 2018
- The battle to beat Zarco in Sunday’s sensational #QatarGP March 17, 2018
- Miller tops Q1 by narrow margin under the floodlights March 17, 2018