Another step ahead for the Repsol riders in the MotoGP World Championship after the second day of practice at the German Grand Prix. In the all-important qualifying session, Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa achieved the two fastest times of the day, which will allow them to lead tomorrow’s starting grid, where their team mate at the Repsol Honda Team, Andrea Dovizioso, will start from the second row, with the sixth fastest time.
252 thousandths behind Casey Stoner finished Dani Pedrosa. Improving lap after lap following the recovery process of his right collarbone that was fractured in France, the Repsol rider showed why he has four victories on this track. Pedrosa did 54 laps (22 in the free session and 32 in the qualifying), completing nearly 200 kilometres that showed he has improved his feelings on the bike and allowed him to take a position in the first row of tomorrow’s starting grid.
Dani Pedrosa FP3 – 1:22.153, 22 laps, 81 km. QP – 1:21.933, 32 laps, 117 km.
“It’s great to be on the front row again, to be honest I didn’t expect it. But we’ve done a good job and it’s important to start in front here because the first corner is very tight and it’s better to avoid being immersed in the group at the start.
For the race, we still need to improve the bike a little, so we will work on that with the mechanics this evening. It would be nice to have a little more traction. I think we will need to pay attention to Yamaha at the end of the race because the riding is smoother and they can save the tyres better.
As for my condition, right now the races are physically hard for me, but it’s also true that with more left hand corners in this circuit I don’t suffer as in Mugello and I can concentrate on my riding. More than pain, I feel weak from lack of training, but we will give our maximum hoping to get a good result”.
Source: Repsol Media
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018