Pol Espargaro has scored points in the Moto2 class for the third time, after having achieved the same in Portugal and Le Mans and two consecutive crashes at Silverstone and Mugello. The Tuenti Racing rider, who started from 14th position, has made up one place in the overall standings after riding as fast as the front in the middle of the race and having tyre problems in the closing laps.
Polyccio couldn’t find during the weekend the right setup for the first part of the circuit, where he lost the main part of the half second he lost on the fastest riders of the category every lap. Pol Espargaro has been on the tail of the group fighting for sixth for many laps, but he lost touch and finished second in his own battle with Aegerter and Iannone. With this result he has total of 16 points and improves one position in the Moto2 Championship standings.
13. Pol Espargaro: “Over the weekend I did not get a good setup for the first part of the circuit and this has come back to haunt me in the race. The start has been normal and from the sixth lap I was riding with the guys in front, but it was hard for me to make up positions because I had to take a risk in parts of the circuit to close the gap. We are slowly progressing, but we need to keep working for a better position on the grid. I’m not happy with the three points, but it is good to finish races after two consecutive crashes. Now for some rest and continue looking for ways to get closer to the front from Brno.”
Source: HP Tuenti
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019