Pol Espargaro has scored points in the Moto2 class for the third time, after having achieved the same in Portugal and Le Mans and two consecutive crashes at Silverstone and Mugello. The Tuenti Racing rider, who started from 14th position, has made up one place in the overall standings after riding as fast as the front in the middle of the race and having tyre problems in the closing laps.
Polyccio couldn’t find during the weekend the right setup for the first part of the circuit, where he lost the main part of the half second he lost on the fastest riders of the category every lap. Pol Espargaro has been on the tail of the group fighting for sixth for many laps, but he lost touch and finished second in his own battle with Aegerter and Iannone. With this result he has total of 16 points and improves one position in the Moto2 Championship standings.
13. Pol Espargaro: “Over the weekend I did not get a good setup for the first part of the circuit and this has come back to haunt me in the race. The start has been normal and from the sixth lap I was riding with the guys in front, but it was hard for me to make up positions because I had to take a risk in parts of the circuit to close the gap. We are slowly progressing, but we need to keep working for a better position on the grid. I’m not happy with the three points, but it is good to finish races after two consecutive crashes. Now for some rest and continue looking for ways to get closer to the front from Brno.”
Source: HP Tuenti
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018
- Alex Marquez tests Triumph Moto2™ engine June 20, 2018
- Wins from pole: Barcelona and beyond June 19, 2018