fter yesterdays positive qualifying session, the LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias started from the 14th spot on the grid for the 30-lap race at the German circuit but the Spaniard was hoping for a different result aboard his RCV.
The reigning Moto2 World Champion worked on getting more feeling and easier handling from the front end of his RCV at the twisty race track but after another good start Elias had to face his usual problems with the rear managing to finish the race in 16th position. Now LCR Team will move straight to Laguna Seca circuit for the USA GP on the 24th of July.
Toni Elias: “Yesterday we thought we made a good step forward and I was hoping for a better result. But at the beginning of the race with the full load of fuel when the bike was heavier I have struggled very much to control it. Suddenly our usual problems came back again and I have started to lose the front in the braking and no confidence in the rear. I managed to cross the line in 16th position but obviously I am very frustrated. By the way I do not want to lose my motivation and my concentration and we’ll see what is going to happen in Laguna”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules