The Laguna Seca circuit, the shortest of the Motorcycling World Championship, will hold next weekend the tenth round of the Championship, the United States Grand Prix. The Repsol Honda Team arrives with Casey Stoner on top of the overall standings, Andrea Dovizioso in third and a recovered Dani Pedrosa who, after his win at the Sachsenring last Sunday, is now fifth.
Dani Pedrosa arrives to the American meeting upbeat after his victory in the last German Grand Prix. A success that confirms that, after a very tough recovery, the rider from Castellar is once again at his highest level, showing that he is one of the most competitive riders of the MotoGP grid.
After a break of more than two weeks, the Continental Circus will resume the action next August 12th with the Czech Republic Grand Prix.
Dani Pedrosa: “It was nice to stop, even for if only for couple of days at home to enjoy the victory in Germany with my family and friends, who also deserved to celebrate.
The United States Grand Prix will be another challenge for me. I know that I will suffer more in Laguna Seca because there are many hard braking areas and very fast direction changes. Anyway, it will be another race and I’ll try to prepare well and enjoy it as I did in Sachsenring. The track is very different to the European circuits and the atmosphere there is special.
With the exception of last year, when I crashed, and in 2008 when I couldn’t race due to injury, I’ve always had fun racing in Laguna and the victory in 2009 was very exciting.
In the second half of the season I want to enjoy the bike and gain the best results possible and would like to close the first part of the season with a good feeling”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018