The Laguna Seca circuit, the shortest of the Motorcycling World Championship, will hold next weekend the tenth round of the Championship, the United States Grand Prix. The Repsol Honda Team arrives with Casey Stoner on top of the overall standings, Andrea Dovizioso in third and a recovered Dani Pedrosa who, after his win at the Sachsenring last Sunday, is now fifth.
Dani Pedrosa arrives to the American meeting upbeat after his victory in the last German Grand Prix. A success that confirms that, after a very tough recovery, the rider from Castellar is once again at his highest level, showing that he is one of the most competitive riders of the MotoGP grid.
After a break of more than two weeks, the Continental Circus will resume the action next August 12th with the Czech Republic Grand Prix.
Dani Pedrosa: “It was nice to stop, even for if only for couple of days at home to enjoy the victory in Germany with my family and friends, who also deserved to celebrate.
The United States Grand Prix will be another challenge for me. I know that I will suffer more in Laguna Seca because there are many hard braking areas and very fast direction changes. Anyway, it will be another race and I’ll try to prepare well and enjoy it as I did in Sachsenring. The track is very different to the European circuits and the atmosphere there is special.
With the exception of last year, when I crashed, and in 2008 when I couldn’t race due to injury, I’ve always had fun racing in Laguna and the victory in 2009 was very exciting.
In the second half of the season I want to enjoy the bike and gain the best results possible and would like to close the first part of the season with a good feeling”.
Source: Repsol Media
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018