On a near perfect summer’s day with air temperature of 23 degrees LCR Honda MotoGP Team racer Toni Elias
managed to finish the 32-lap Californian round in 13th position despite his usual front end issues. His team mate Ben Bostrom took a good start from the last spot on the grid ahead 52.070 country fellows dropping his lap time of one second after the first lap. Unfortunately the American SBK rider went wide into the gravel twice and preferred to enter the garage trying not to crash his RCV no. 23.
Now the MotoGP Championship is “on holiday” and premier class riders will be back on track on the 14th of August for the Czech Republic GP in Brno.
Toni Elias: “In this morning warm up we have changed rear set up of the bike and I felt immediately better. As always I took a good start but on this track you get stuck if you start from the last row so I pushed but in the first corner I went a bit wide. I was 12th when I suddenly lost the front running off into the gravel. I could rejoin the race but for the rest of the race I felt like I was lapping on a frozen surface. We have finished the race in 13th position but the situation is still very tough for us”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Iannone, Dovizioso, Marquez the top three in Warm Up
- Bagnaia heads Corsi and Fernandez on Sunday morning
- Bezzecchi tops Warm Up as 13 riders receive grid penalties
- UPDATE: Pol Espargaro undergoes successful surgey
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon