On a near perfect summer’s day with air temperature of 23 degrees LCR Honda MotoGP Team racer Toni Elias
managed to finish the 32-lap Californian round in 13th position despite his usual front end issues. His team mate Ben Bostrom took a good start from the last spot on the grid ahead 52.070 country fellows dropping his lap time of one second after the first lap. Unfortunately the American SBK rider went wide into the gravel twice and preferred to enter the garage trying not to crash his RCV no. 23.
Now the MotoGP Championship is “on holiday” and premier class riders will be back on track on the 14th of August for the Czech Republic GP in Brno.
Toni Elias: “In this morning warm up we have changed rear set up of the bike and I felt immediately better. As always I took a good start but on this track you get stuck if you start from the last row so I pushed but in the first corner I went a bit wide. I was 12th when I suddenly lost the front running off into the gravel. I could rejoin the race but for the rest of the race I felt like I was lapping on a frozen surface. We have finished the race in 13th position but the situation is still very tough for us”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Qatar GP, Losail: Raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 March 18, 2018
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar! March 18, 2018
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0 March 18, 2018
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller March 18, 2018
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP March 18, 2018
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel March 18, 2018
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race March 18, 2018