The Mapfre Aspar Team and Elena Rosell have reached an agreement to collaborate until the end of the season. Elena will have the opportunity before the Aragon round to test the Suter Moto2 machine for several days, allowing her to get used to a very different type of bike than the Stock Extreme bike she pilots in the CEV Buckler.
Following her Moto2 appearance at Assen, Rosell placed fifth in the latest CEV Buckler race and was first in the privateer category. This summer she will work on becoming accustomed to the Suter machine before taking part in the World Championship class again at the Motorland circuit, a track where she debuted last year in the CEV Stock Extreme class, finishing eighth.
Jorge Martinez ‘Aspar’: “For the Mapfre Aspar Team, Elena is a taking on the challenge to again compete in the Moto2 class. We believe that she is a skilled rider and we want to prove that in another trial of the Championship. To be ready, she’ll have a series of training to learn more about the bike and the category of Moto2. She’ll be much better prepared for the Gran Premio de Aragón than she was for Assen, and will be able to demonstrate the great that rider she is. In the Netherlands, it’s true that she encountered an adverse situation. But I am convinced that upon her return to the World Championship she’ll do well, that’s what we all want.”
Elena Rosell: “I’m happy about this new opportunity the team is giving me. I have to say that since the day after Assen we have been working on this possibility, and that Jorge and the whole team were interested in helping me. I’ve already raced twice in Alcañiz and want to reach the Grand Prix with a lot of time on the Suter, that will help me do well. Jorge has been watching me all the time and even came to the Albacete CEV Buckler race to wish me luck. He really brought it because the race went very well for me!”
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018