After a well-deserved break, this week the Continental Circus resumes the action on European soil. The Repsol riders go back to work with new energy and will look for new victories during the second half of the season. Marc Márquez — second in the Moto2 World Championship — will try to keep the good level shown in previous races and recovering points with reference to Bradl.
The Moto2 class, which was not at the United States Grand Prix, will resume the action at the Czech Republic. Since his victory in Germany, Marc Márquez was able to enjoy nearly three weeks of vacation, which he used to rest and prepare for the Brno round. The current 125cc Champion reaches the technical Czech track 47 points behind the leader, Stefan Bradl, a distance that was slowly reduced thanks to the good results of the rookie of the year of the intermediate class.
Marc Márquez: “After the holidays, I am eager to get again on the bike, although we know that we will have to take it easy at the beginning, because we had not ride for a long time and you have to get used to it again. Particularly in a circuit such as Brno, which is beautiful but one of the most difficult, like Mugello, with many changes of direction, uphill and downhill sections.
We know that we need to go slowly, because it is again a new circuit for me with the Moto2 and in the two days of practice I should get used to the pace of the competition. We had time to rest, but we also used the time to train, in order to arrive in good form to the second part of the championship. I am looking forward to Friday, and impatient to get on the bike”.
Source: Repsol Media
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018