The Grand Prix of the Czech Republic is the return to action for the 125cc riders after nearly a month off. The Team Andalucía – Banca Cívica – Diputación de Cádiz riders showed brilliant performances in recent races and went on holiday with the single thought of returning to action as soon as possible. This motivation showed today with both Miguel Oliveira and Alberto Moncayo posting laptimes which put them into the top positions.
Miguel Oliveira comes to Brno aiming to progress further in his debut season and after crashing out of the German GP when he fought for the fifth position his goal this weekend is doing a good race and get a good result.
Meanwhile Alberto Moncayo finally wants to leave behind the streak of bad luck which prevented him from completing races in the positions he deserves.
MIGUEL OLIVEIRA, 3° (2’09.295): “Today things have gone pretty well. We found a setup with which I felt very comfortable and I could push hard to get good laptimes. Finishing inside the top five is a great result and for tomorrow we continue to work to achieve a good position on the grid which allows me to do a good start. My arm is already at 100%, so I hope everything goes well and we do a great race.”
Alberto Moncayo, 6° (2’09.416): “It was a very good practice in which we gave our all. In the first session we were very strong with a setting with which I felt very comfortable and confident that we could improve a lot. Looking to the second practice we made some changes in the front that have not worked as we expected and although I have improved my time we have not achieved the results we expected. I have also had difficulties on the track, because in the final minutes of the session I have come across some riders who prevented me from getting my rhythm and I’ve only improved one tenth compared to this morning. Although I would have liked to improve at least half a second I’m happy with the result, we have set a very good pace and I know that tomorrow we can improve a lot.”
Source: Team Machado
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018