Instead of being lazy on the beach Salom prefered a decent preparation for the second half of the season. He spend the past few weeks training on a kart track and a motocross bike. Besides that he had himself a new, two kilo lighter racing suit.
Therefore Salom, who turned 20 last weekend, was not at all amused by only the twelfth time on the first day, in the morning as well as in the afternoon session. “In general everything is working fine. The time is not that bad, but twelfth is not what makes me happy. In the second free practice I had some nice duels with Maverick Vinales, but unfortunately he was not really fast either.”
With his 2.10.100 Salom was over a second slower than Sandro Cortese who set the provisional fastest time. Cortese was in a group not far behind Vinales and Salom, who seemed to think it was race day already instead of free practice. “Cortese was clever”, Salom admitted. “I have to be more smart next time and find myself a good slipstream to set a better time. On this track that is the difference between twelfth and fifth.”
Source: RW Racing GP
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019